Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Too Old for Concerts

Stan and I went to a rock concert on this weekend.  I say rock concert like my grandmother would say it, probably because I felt OLD.  We saw Augustana, Counting Crows, and Maroon 5.  Whoaa! Augustana was interesting.  Our friend Lori, who actually got the tickets for Stan's birthday, commented that they looked like Civil War veterans.  

Counting Crows were, strange. I like "Butterfly in Reverse", which sadly they did not play.  
 I liked watching Adam Duritz, aka Helicopter Head.  He is like watching a combination of someone in a therapy session and a drama audition.  Funny stuff!  

Then, as soon as Maroon 5 came out, so did all of the pathetic housewives of Orange County.  I felt old and irritated with the old farts (older than us!) downing the beer and passing the doobies, mixed with the smell of bbq, b.o. and the Junior Mints in my pocket.  Whooa!  Anyways, a good sing-a-long was had by all!  Next time, I think I'll just stay home and watch VH1 classic pop up video!

No comments:

Post a Comment