Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
April really is an artist. She illustrated the delightful pictures in Mindy's video,
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided (I use walnuts )
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 235 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Lightened-Up Special Banana Bread published in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p46
- ► 2010 (20)
- ► 2009 (75)