Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year's 2010

This post is another very selfish ones.
My family spent Christmas at my parents home. I had 4 out of my 6 siblings there. It was lovely. Staying up too late, talking. watching movies, and eating.
Just to make sure we have a little bit of a spiritual tie-in, we have out annual visit to the cemetary.

These are my wonderful parents, Momsy and Popsicle. They are the BEST.
My dad and I both have a "Queen Elizabeth" rose bush in our yards. Amazingly, they are extremely hardy and beautiful. Both of ours have lovely blooms, even now, and has grown over 6 feet tall this season. The buds on my bush were not quite ready, but Popsicle had a perfect flower for Libby's gravesite.

Drama and Lazy Boy cleaning off the gravemarker.

Since this is the children's section of the cemetery, there are many, many holiday displays with toys, trees, lights, etc. It makes me kind of sad. What if the loved ones of those children think that is it? They will never see their child again. We have gone and found a virtual picnic going on. A canopy, chairs, table, food. Very strange to me. I suppose that is how they display their love and honor for their loved one.
That made me think. I do I show my love and honor. Am I an honorable person? Do my actions and words reflect my feelings and commitment? If you were to base your answer solely on the statements and comments made here, no. This is my dark side.
So, my goal (I don't do resolutions..sounds to much like the United Nations getting involved)
is to reflect in my words and deeds those things I believe. Easily said, difficult to do.
So those of you who know me, next time you see me going off at a customer in Walmart, please call me on it. I'm going to need your help.
Happy New Year's!



No comments:

Post a Comment