Saturday, April 11, 2009

Angels Baseball

Today I went to the ballpark with my boys, Big Daddy, the Lazy Boy and Drama to see our Angels play. It was a beautiful day. We played the Red Sox. Boston sucks. Actually, the fans suck, and I hate that word. Why are there so many of them? Where did they all come from? And when are they leaving. I'm not even going to comment on the "tough chicks" wearing Red Sox shirts. Big Daddy reminded me that it's legal in Massachusetts. Yeah, we lost and I'm bitter.
It has been just 2 days after the news of our newest pitcher, Nick Adenhart's death. The young kid pitched his first game on Wednesday evening and was killed a few hours later by a drunk driver. Sad indeed.

Thursday's game was cancelled, but the boys came back last night a beat Boston. The stadium was filled with signs and banners honoring Nick. We hope the team can rally together and play for the newest Angel in heaven.
Oh, and I helped Drama carry out 10 water/beer bottles to recycle. He wished he had a big bag.

2 comments:

  1. Well, well, well Princess! Welcome back! I missed you so much! (Still bitter about that Maui thing!) Sorry about your pitcher!!! Have a great Sunday...gotta get my spawn ready for church!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a kick out of watching Drama at church today. He is one cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete